This afternoon, Dr. Khushboo Gupta and I will be presenting at the 2021 South Big Data Hub “All-Hands” meeting. Our presentation – entitled “India’s Smart City Mission and the Role of Internal vs. External Smartness” – will focus on the main findings from Dr. Gutpa’s dissertation research that explored India’s Smart Cities Mission (SCM).
Our presentation is based on the following research papers and presentations:
- Gupta, K. and Hall, R. P. (2020) Exploring Smart City Project Implementation Risks in the Cities of Kakinada and Kanpur. Journal of Urban Technology, DOI: 10.1080/10630732.2020.1796115.
- Gupta, K. and Hall, R. P. (2020) Understanding the What, Why, and How of Becoming a Smart City: Experiences from Kakinada and Kanpur. Smart Cities 3(2), 232-247.
- Gupta, K., Zhang, W., and Hall, R. P. (2020) Risk priorities and their co-occurrences in smart city project implementation: Evidence from India’s Smart Cities Mission (SCM). Environment and Planning B: Urban Analytics and City Science, 1–15.
- “The Indian perspective of smart cities.” Paper presented by Khushboo Gupta at the 2017 Smart City Symposium Prague (SCSP).
- “Measuring Smart Cities in India.” Poster presentation by Khushboo Gupta at the 2016 Smart Cities Summit, June 13-15, 2016, Austin, Texas.