Today I had the fortune of moderating a session at the 2017 Dennis Dean Undergraduate Research & Creative Scholarship Conference. This conference showcases the creative and scholarly accomplishments of Virginia Tech’s undergraduate students.
During my session, the following students (from five different programs) each provided excellent presentations of their research:
- Carolyn Carrithers (Biological Systems Engineering), The Oyster Wars
- Edgar Correa (Crop and Soil Sciences), Molecular Markers for Selecting Low Trypsin Inhibitor Soybean
- Emma Buchanan (Public and Urban Affairs; Applied Economic Management), Quantifying Natural Disasters’ Impact on Neighborhood Transition
- Maria Elisa Vollmer (Environmental Policy and Planning), Hygiene and Sanitation Assessment of Public Sites in Mzuzu, Malawi
- Chelsea Cereghino (Microbiology), Nodulation of Pea Plants by Two Rhizobium leguminosarum Biovars